An Interview with Self-Acceptance Advocate Brandee J By Guest Writer Emma Medeiros FabUplus Magazine:…Read More →
6 Reasons Why You Should Recharge After a Workout with a Protein Bar
Protein bars are a convenient, great-tasting alternative to help replenish your body’s nutrients after a workout.
Here are six reasons why you should recharge after a workout with a protein bar:
- Protein bars allow you to refuel your body with the nutrients it needs after a workout.
- High quality protein bars contain high amounts of protein and fibre, which when combined, help to satiate longer and keep your blood sugar levels stable.
- Feeding your body protein after a workout helps muscles repair themselves faster, which means less muscle soreness and reduced risk of injury.
- Working out burns the glycogen stores in your muscles. Choosing a protein bar with low-glycemic, slow-release carbohydrates helps your body replenish those glycogen stores, which prevents muscle tissue from breaking down.
- Protein bars with low-glycemic carbohydrates also help to get your energy levels back up after a workout, so you can continue your day feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Protein bars are affordable, convenient, and shelf stable. Keep a stash in your gym bag, your desk, or your car to give your body the fuel it needs when it needs it.