How to Confidently Channel Your Inner Goddess on a Date (and why it’s important!)
by Sophia Apostol
Whether it’s your first date or a night out with someone you’ve been married to for 27 years, don’t you want to feel your sexiest and most confident? After a busy week and with to-do lists constantly running through your mind, finding and channeling your Inner Goddess for a night can feel distant and unreachable.
I’ve talked to a lot of men and women about what they find attractive – scientific studies have been done on this as well – and the #1 thing that we find magnetic in others is….confidence! As women, there’s a deep well of confidence living inside of us that’s connected to our Inner Goddess. Many of us are so focused on our to-do lists and taking care of everyone else that we forget to connect to the Inner Goddess, which means we aren’t showing up as our most authentic and confident selves.
Practice connecting to this sexy, sultry, powerful side of you, and notice the results when you do!
- Wear jewelry that’s bigger than you’d normally wear, like a blingy ring or dangly earrings.
- Pick a shirt or dress in a colour that makes you feel energetic and alive when you look at it, like royal blue or red.
- Put on your favorite music when you’re getting ready and move your hips… get that Goddess energy flowing.
- Connect to your body by meditating and doing a mindfulness exercise. Set the timer on your phone for two minutes and tune into each of your senses one-by-one by asking yourself, “What am I seeing/ smelling/ tasting/ hearing/ feeling in this moment?”
- Put a new picture on the lock screen of your phone that makes you smile when you look at it… it’ll release happiness hormones in your brain.
- Enjoy the feeling of pleasure by really taking care of yourself before the date. Take a bath, get a massage and/or engage in some delicious self-pleasuring (my #1 recommendation before a date!).