While you’re celebrating your curves with the latest fall fashion line-up, why not enjoy some fine…Read More →
Getting Fit without Stepping into a Gym
Written by: Dianne Williams
Not all of us who want to create healthy curves want to step into the gym. There are other ways of getting in shape without setting foot in such an arena. Here are some options if you choose not to buy a gym membership:
- Walking – Just because this activity is simple doesn’t mean that it lacks results. Experts say that 10,000 steps a day will support those who want to start getting fit.
- Squats – Probably one of the top 5 must-do exercises out there because of all of the muscles that are engaged into this one exercise. You can go all out with just your body weight, especially if you’re beginning a fitness program.
- Leg Lifts – This exercise is probably the most underestimated exercise of all time. It not only works the quadriceps, but also incorporates the hip flexors and the core.
- Plank – You can skip the crunches and concentrate on core stabilization with the plank. There are endless variations to this classic static exercise. It will get your core strong and tight.
- Dancing – Who says that exercise has to be a snoozer? Dancing can be an amazing workout for your heart, muscles, and spirit!
- Light Weight Training – It isn’t necessary to invest thousands of dollars in gym equipment if you want to start strength training. Use a few set of dumbbells, resistance bands, and a mat to start getting those healthy curves you’ve been wanting.
- Outdoor Activities – If home workouts aren’t your thing you don’t have to get stuck inside. It’s springtime and it’s time to smell the roses again. Try any outdoor activity to get your body moving: biking, hiking, running in the park, or even swimming to name a few. Just get out there!
So you see, you don’t have to pay for a gym membership and step into the gym to create healthy curves and incorporate fitness into your lifestyle. You have endless options at home and outdoors. All you have to do is choose now, so you can start your fit curves program today!