Smoky eyes should be a must in every girl’s repertoire. Adding some glimmery shimmery shadow to it will have you looking ready for any occasion.
1. Start by applying most of your makeup – concealer, foundation, blush, bronzer, eyebrow color.
2. The Smoky Eye Secret to lasting eye makeup is eyeshadow primer. My favourite is Urban Decay Eyeshadow Potion. Put a SMALL drop on your fingertip and rub onto eyelids from lashes to brow. On the outside edge, keep the primer (and eyeshadow to come) on an angled line from outside corner of your eye to the outside end of your eyebrow (see pic). Use an angled brush to sweep the primer under your bottom lash line and on your water line as well.
3. Add a soft kohl black eyeliner to your lower water line. You may have to add more liner a few times throughout the application process as some may transfer to your upper water line. With the angled brush, use a dark eyeshadow on top of the eyeliner and smudge it underneath. This sets the liner and adds smokiness.
4. On your top lid, use an eyeshadow brush to press in a glittery dark eyeshadow up to your crease. Press it in with little push motions rather than brushing it – it’ll cling better to the primer. Choose a medium colour for the crease and push that in as well. Choose a very light shimmer for your brow bone (this you can brush on). Then use your brush to blend back and forth in the crease until there are no harsh lines between colours.
5. Use a makeup sponge to clean up any shadow that went over the imaginary diagonal line from eye corner to brow end.
6. Use a black liquid eyeliner to line slowly along your top lash line. I love Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner. It’s easy to apply, even for beginners. At the outer corner of your eye, bring the line up along the line of your eyeshadow for a bit of cat eye.
7. Add mascara, a light lipstick or gloss, and you’re all done!